Custom designed and beautifully built from OakWood
Ottawa’s most established Design + Build Renovator
Multigenerational living is a popular trend these days. Whether you have aging parents that still want their independence – or a returning child coming back (again!) – a growing number of families are moving together.
That really means modifying a home’s existing space or building an addition that can be used as a fully functional, self-contained in-law suite. There are many options and design considerations. And chances are you have lots of questions.
- How much will my in-law suite cost?
- What structural issues need to be considered?
- What are my design options to ensure a seamless look with old and new?
- What could my new in-law suite look like?
- How sound-proofed does my new in-law suite need to be?
- What kind of experience and qualifications should my contractor have?
- How will a large project like this be managed?
- How long will my in-law suite take?
This list of questions just scratches the surface for a major project like an in-law suite. But these are probably some the big ones that you need clear answers to before making a decision to go ahead confidently with your project and choose a qualified renovator or contractor.
That’s why OakWood recommends starting with its free QuickQuote™. You’ll get answers to all of those questions and a lot more.
QuickQuote™ is the easiest way to jumpstart your renovation
QuickQuote™ is a FREE service available exclusively from OakWood. It’s not the only way to get started with OakWood – but it’s perfect if you:
- Are just thinking about or getting started with your in-law plans
- Don’t have a budget for your renovation
- Want to find out how much your renovation will cost
- Want to discuss your renovation options with an OakWood certified Design Professional
Here’s what you get with your FREE QuickQuote™:
Expert advice on your renovation plans from an OakWood certified Design Professional
Three realistic budget options
for a complete Design + Build renovation
Initial preliminary 3D drawing + floor plan
to show you the possibilities
Our free QuickQuote™ is hands down the easiest way to jumpstart your addition!
- It’s accurate to within 2% to 4% of OakWood’s fixed-price FullQuote that you’ll get when all material and finish decisions are finalized.
- Available as an in-home or an in-store consultation at one of OakWood’s new Renovation Design Centres, located in four Randall’s stores across the City of Ottawa:
Headquarters • 1200 Colonial Rd. suite 100 Ottawa, Ontario K4B 1J4
Glebe • 555 Bank Street
Orleans • 2003 St. Joseph Blvd
Bells Corners • 120 Robertson Rd
Barrhaven • 71 Market Place Ave
Book your FREE QuickQuote™ in one of three easy ways
Trust over half-a-century of experience
OakWood is a local, fourth-generation, family run Canadian business that brings over 57 years of experience to your home addition:
We’ve designed, planned, and built over 5,500 Ottawa home renovations and now complete hundreds of successful Ottawa renovation projects each year: more than any other local renovation company.
You get a convenient one-stop, full-service, highly experienced and trustworthy Design + Build service for your entire home renovation
We use certified in-house designers, planners, and the City’s best and professionally licensed trade partners to guarantee you the highest home renovation standards and quality. All OakWood workers are clean and respectful to your home.
Industry leading warranty – we stand unconditionally behind our products and services and offer an industry leading 5-year warranty for your renovation and an optional 10-year warranty
Eco-wise Renovator – we only use environmentally friendly construction methods to build your addition and recycle all materials – nothing goes to the landfill.
Make it Happen Financing – with guaranteed lowest rates, no need to delay your dream addition.
Above all, we guarantee:
You will get a beautifully designed renovation that is completed on-budget and on-time to craftsman standards.
You will be treated like Royalty from start to final inspection – and enjoy the most worry-free home renovation possible.
You will never get surprises or pay for “extras” that you do not authorize in writing.
That probably sounds good and very familiar – because many renovators make the same claims but can they really deliver? Do they have the qualifications, experience and processes to back up their promises to you? Ask for proof and choose wisely.
Here is why you can trust OakWood to give you the best value for your money and deliver exactly what we promise.
Award-winning with an A+ Rating
Over many years OakWood has proven itself to be a name you can trust to Design + Build your home renovation right:
We are the only Ottawa renovation company to win the Consumer Choice Awards for Best Renovator and Best Home Designer – six years in a row introduced in 2008
Received the coveted 2011 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Trust in the Home Improvement Category
OakWood enjoy’s a position on the Honours Role with the Ottawa Better Business Bureau and has not received a single customer or trades complaint since starting our family run business over 57 years ago.
Book your FREE QuickQuote™ in one of three easy ways
Reduce risks with our 3D Concept Design service:
See your addition before we build
Any addition or in-law suite is a big commitment. That’s why OakWood recommends its unique 3D concept design service with 3D drawings – so real you’ll think your home in-law suite is already built!
This service is delivered from our new Renovation Design Centres, conveniently located in four Randall’s stores across Ottawa.
Our Renovation Design Centres provide a private, boutique like setting where you can brainstorm with our certified designers and see your renovation take shape and come to life on our giant 55” screens.
Our clients rave about this state-of-the art service:
- You’ll get photo realistic 3D design concepts that show exactly what your in-law suite will look like – before we build.
- See your renovation from any angle with 360 degree views.
- You can even view your house renovation design in 3D from the convenience of your own home with our home viewer software.
Here’s an example of a before photo, 3D concept design and the actual addition to show you what we mean:
See more examples of OakWood’s unique 3D Concept Design here.
Relax with a turnkey, one-stop in-law suite renovation service
Our goal is to make your in-law suite renovation is as worry-free and enjoyable as possible. We will not let you down. OakWood will design, plan, manage and complete all tasks required to ensure the success of your new in-law suite. This includes:
- Moving and relocating walls – depending on the scope of your in-law suite
- Upgrading out dated electrical wiring to accommodate new power loads
- All types of innovative lighting solutions to create a bright, inviting space.
- Complete plumbing services.
- Energy efficient windows and doors to ensure your money doesn’t go out the window!
- Complete flooring, hardwood, tile and carpet solutions.
- Millwork and detailed trim done to craftsman standards.
- Painting including expert design assistance on colour selections.
- Final clean-up and inspection to ensure you are completely satisfied with your new home addition.
- And many others tasks…
Get started with your FREE QuickQuote™
Planning and project management is a strength
When we say your in-law suite will be on-time and on-budget, we mean it. OakWood uses state-of-the-art planning and project management tools including tablet PCs, iPads, and construction specific customer relationship management tools.
Your renovation will be driven by our custom OakWood BuildPlan™. This comprehensive roadmap documents every decision and detail for your in-law suite.
Unique Client Portal – see the status of your project anytime!
Once your home renovation gets started, OakWood gives you secure access to our Client Portal. Powered by unique proprietary software, our state-of-the-art portal gives you real-time access to every detail of your project from any laptop or any mobile device. You’ll have fingertip access to:
● Permit plans
● Contract documents
● Engineering and inspection documents
● Invoices, Change Orders and Credits
● Client Statement of Accounts showing where every dollar is spent
● Before, during and after pictures and videos
● Project Notes
● All Material Selections
● Tasks board to leave reminders
● Meeting Calendar
● Document library for Owners Manuals
● Project Schedule with Gantt Chart
● Live Punch List showing outstanding items and progress of approved items
and much more…
Meticulous planning and exceptional project management are why we can guarantee your addition will be completed on-budget and on-time with no surprises or extra costs.
Get started with your FREE QuickQuote™
Enjoy the OakWood-Randall’s advantage
OakWood has partnered with Randall’s to offer the most experienced in-store renovation and home décor service that is second to none in the City.
When you become an OakWood home renovation customer you’ll receive a Randall’s VIP Discount Card that entitles you to exclusive savings available only to OakWood customers:
- 10% OFF all regular and 5% OFF all sale priced merchandise at all Randall’s stores every time you shop
- Use this card to save on any in-store item including high quality C2 paints, window covering solutions, and beautiful handcrafted Mennonite furniture.
The Randall’s VIP Discount card – another reason to make OakWood your home renovator of choice!
Let your home addition begin!
We recommend our FREE QuickQuote™ as the easiest way to get started with your renovations.
When you book your QuickQuote™, you’ll get…
- Get the best design options and in-law suite ideas.
- See inspiring samples of Ottawa in-law suites and addition projects completed by OakWood.
- Find out how OakWood will work with you to design, plan, and build your dream in-law suite.
- Understand why we will guarantee you a beautifully designed, high quality in-law suite that will be completed on-time and on-budget as quoted
OakWood’s free QuickQuote is offered to qualified individuals. To qualify you must be planning on building a renovation project within a year and want expert help to develop a realistic budget. The rough complimentary drawing that is included illustrates some of the initial ideas discussed and is intended to show how we will work with you to design the perfect renovation. Ask our OakWood Renovation Expert if you qualify for QuickQuote.
Let’s Get Started!
Book your FREE QuickQuote™ in one of three easy ways:
Your privacy is assured. OakWood never rents or exchanges client contact information. We will only contact you to schedule a FREE QuickQuote™ to discuss your renovation.